Source: Jacob Galley (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Issue #897, 6/5/92
This stuff smells incredible---slightly orange, slightly fruity, very
much like flowers. The grape juice had not fermented out completely
(it's not explosive, yet), but neither was it noticeably sweet. The
grape masks whatever young-taste the mead still has in it (not much).
After two weeks it was lightly carbonated and a very clear pink.
- 7 pounds, clover honey (60 min boil)
- 5 pounds, orange blossom honey (60 minutes)
- 1 pound, chopped raisins (dark) (30 minutes)
- 1 teaspoon, thyme (30 minutes)
- 1 pack, Red Star champagne yeast
- yeast nutrient