Gak & Gerry's #23: Anteater Porter
Source: Richard Stueven (Richard.Stueven@Corp.Sun.COM)
Gerry Lundquist, Issue #746, 10/23/91
Deep red color. Looks almost black in the fermenter.
- 7--1/2 pounds, pale malted barley
- 1 pound, crystal malt (10 Lovibond)
- 1/2 pound, chocolate malt
- 2 ounces, black patent malt
- 41.3 grams, Cluster - boil
- 11.4 grams, Cascade - 10 min.
- 13.7 grams, Cascade - finish
- Wyeast British
Add grains to 3.5 gallons cold water. Heat to 150 degrees and maintain
for 90 minutes, stirring constantly. Used 4.5 gallons 170 degree sparge
water. Collected 6 gallons wort. Boiled 60 minutes. Add Cluster at
beginning of boil. Add 11.4 grams Cascade at 50 minutes. Turn off heat
after 1 hour boil, and let last of Cascade hops steep. Cooled to about
75 derees and pitched.