Summer Chocolate Stout
Source: Bill Shirley (firstname.lastname@example.org)
After three weeks (in the bottle) it was very clean, clear, good
carbonation and head retention, has a grainy bite.
- 1 pound, chocolate malt, crushed
- 1 pound, crystal malt, crushed
- 4 pounds, light malt extract syrup
- 2--1/2 pounds, dark malt extract powder
- 8 ounces, molasses, unsulphered
- 1--1/2 ounces, Perle (boil) - 60 min.
- 1 ounce, Fuggle (flavor) - (1/2 ounce for 15 minutes, 1/2
ounce for 10 minutes)
- 2 Tablespoons, gypsum
- Wyeast #1084 Irish Ale Yeast
- 1/2 ounce, Willamette (leaf hops, filtered through)
Steep grains for 30 minutes at 180F in 3 gallons water. Sparge
thoroughly with 2 gallons. Filter wort through leaf hops (this didn't
work well, and I don't suggest it).