Scotch ale, Scottish ale, McAndrews Scotch Ale, McEwens Scotch Ale, extract
Source: Randolph Beltz (email@example.com), r.c.b., 10/23/95
I also love McAndrews Scotch Ale...not to be confused with
McEwens Scotch Ale. Its also pricey here when available.
I have a recipe that very closely approximates it.
Is malty and strong. Has a very nice dark amber color.
This is a sipping ale; Acl % by vol is about 8%!
- 3.1 lbs of Superbrau Light Malt Extract
- 3.0 lbs of Laanglander DME
- 3.0 lbs of bulk malt extract (Laanglander)
- 2 oz of Northern Brewers (boiling)
- 5 oz Cascade (FInishing)
- 1 lb Crushed Crystal
- 1 pkg Red Star or Nottingham yeast
- Put gain in muslin bag into 1.5 gal of cold water; bring to boil
- Remove grain; add malt extracts, DME, and Northern hops; boil for ~35min
- Last 10min add Cascade hops and Irish Moss (1 tb)