Scottish Steamy Ale
Scottish ale, extract
Source: Ken Ellinwood (!sun!suntzu!aimla!ken)
Issue #299, 11/9/89
My last batch came out too light because I added only 1/2 pound of the
crystal malt---I was convinced it was in the 90 Lovibond range. I also
used 6.6 pounds of canned extract. The resulting beer was about 1/3 as
dark as the original.
- 6 pounds, M&F light dry extract
- 1 pound, Scottish crystal malt (40L)
- 1 ounce, Northern Brewer leaf hops (boil)
- 1/2 ounce, Northern Brewer (finish)
- Brewers Choice American ale yeast
Boiling hops are put in kettle for a 55 minute boil. The finishing hops
are put in for an additional 5 minutes.